WAMWorks FAQs & Tutorials
Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions.
- Click on the "Create A New Account" button below to start the registration process.
- You will be asked some basic contact and personal information which is required before you can set up an account. .
- Your email that you have used to register will be your username that you will use to login. We recommend using a personal email address rather than a college email address.
- You will also need to input your educational details and complete the skills section however you can edit and update this after you create a new account.
- An upload facility is available to upload your CV and any other additional documents that may be used when applying for WAM placements.
Try to fill in all questions accurately and as best as you can.
If you do not register, you will not receive updates from the WAM Programme or GetAHEAD and you will not be able to apply for a WAM placement.
Previously to apply for a WAM placement, an application form and a CV were necessary. With the new database, an application form is no longer necessary and with the function to upload your most recent and up to date CV in the ‘My Documents’ section, this means all you will have to do is apply for a placement by ticking a box!
It also makes our administration work a lot easier!
Sometimes assistive technology will not always be so advanced, if you are having difficulty with your screen reading software, email email@example.com and we can edit your details and upload your application for you.
To send out notifications of WAM opportunities, AHEAD uses Mailchimp software. We import email addresses from the database into the Mailchimp software to send out notifications. However, If you have clicked unsubscribed in a previous mailout notification, you will not be in receipt of notifications from us. If you are not receiving updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to re-subscribe you back on the mailing list.