Launch of Charter on Inclusive Teaching and Learning - download a copy here.
Tuesday, 3rd November 2009 at 10.00 a.m
The Clarence Hotel – Dublin
The Charter on Inclusive Teaching and Learning is an innovative and positive development that aims to benefit Higher Education Institutions and those who work and study in them. This Charter will contribute to the development of good practice, and effective systems and will ensure all students, including students with disabilities, have the best learning experience. This Charter is strategic in that it makes good sense when considering all the demands our Higher Education Institutions and their staff face. This Charter is of particular benefit in that it is designed to encourage creative solutions and act as a resource at a time when resources are constrained and things are tough.
Download a pdf copy of the Charter
- 10.20 a.m.
- Welcome, Ann Heelan
- 10.30 a.m.
- Teachability – Mainstreaming Inclusive Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Dr Anne Simpson – University of Strathclyde.
- 11.00 a.m.
- Inclusive Curriculum – a SIF Trinity College Project, Michelle Garvey.
- 11.15 a.m.
- Makes Good Sense – the student voice, Vivian Rath.
- Open Panel Discussion.
- 11.45 a.m.
- AHEAD AGM - Professor Brendan Goldsmith, Chairperson of AHEAD.
- 12.40 p.m
- Launch of the Charter on Inclusive teaching and Learning , Dr. Mary Liz Trant - National Access Office.
- 1.15 p.m.