The research is definitive - having a diverse work force increases productivity and graduates with disabilities can bring a unique drive and perspective to your organisation. There are now over 14,500 students with disabilities moving through the Irish Higher Education system at any one time representing 6.2% of the total student population. Do you want to miss out on that talent? The bottom line is that being open and ready to hire graduates with disabilities makes good business sense.
WAM offers employers a supportive space for companies to learn about disability proofing their recruitment practices and implementing the small changes required to support talented people with disabilities & help them flourish in the workplace.
Through the WAM Employer Network as a Community member, you can share your experiences with other employers and seek advice from those who have already walked the line.
When you are ready to walk the line and offer a 6 month placement to a graduate with a disability as a WAM Leader, our team will support you through the process providing a valuable learning experience and giving you the tools and the confidence to hire great people who happen to have a disability.
The Benefits for employers
- Understanding of disability
- Disability proofing of HR and recruitment practices
- Access to our graduate database
- Training for HR staff and line managers on disability
- A safe space to ask questions
- A comprehensive Needs Assessment recommending supports to be put in place
- Advice on workplace supports and accommodations
- Free attendance to WAM employer networking events
- Enrolment into WAM’s online courses
- WAM Mentoring Model applied
- Ongoing support from WAM throughout
- A WAM Leader award