Better Options 2017 - College Fair for Students with Disabilities
Tuesday, 7th November 2017
This year's Better Options college fair for students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties will take place in the Auditorium, Block A, DCU St Patrick's Campus on Nov 22nd 2017. This is an ideal fair for students looking to find out about courses and support services provided by colleges as well as garner key information on the access routes for those with disabilities, including how to make an application to DARE – Disability Access Route to Education.
Many major colleges will be represented in the Exhibition hall and useful seminars will run concurrently. This year for the first time we will be joined by The Trinity Centre for People with Intellectual Disabilities.
When: 10:00-13:00, Nov 22nd 2017
Where: Auditorium, Block A, DCU St Patrick's Campus, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Cost: Free - registration is not required, just show up!
- Assistive Technology Demo Stand
- Blackrock College of Further Education
- Blanchardstown IT
- Carlow College
- Cavan Institute
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Further Education
- Dyslexia Association
- HADD Ireland
- Harper Adams University (UK)
- Killester College of Further Education
- Marino Institute of Education
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art & Design
- National College of Ireland
- National Learning Network
- Open University
- Roslyn Park
- Tallaght IT
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
Seminars for students with disabilities on the day will include:
- DARE - How to Apply
- Into Nursing
- Into Teaching
- Into Clubs & Societies
- Into Technology
- Into Freshers Year – and how to survive it
- Into College with an Intellectual Disability
- Into... I don't know what???
More updates will be posted in due course - to be kept informed, why not join our weekly update email list.