Caption.Ed - adding captions and more
Cost: Caption.Ed provides a 30 day free trial. | Platforms: Caption.Ed works across Mac, Windows, IOS and Android Phones.
Its key features are:
Add captions instantly to your meetings, lectures or seminars, either in-person or online. You can also add time stamped notes, synced to your transcript, and highlight key information so you never miss out on the important stuff.
Most useful for:
- Users who have difficulty hearing or understanding information provided in as audio, such as students who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Users who need help taking notes during learning interactions.
- Users who have difficulty concentrating.
To use Caption Ed, you need:
- A device (phone, Tablet or Computer)
- A good quality microphone (This may be built in to your device already).
- A stable internet connection.
how can it assist people e.g. reading, writing, organisation
Caption.Ed provides real-time captioning and AI driven note-taking support.
Our Top Tips:
- Avoid missing key information, start a Caption.Ed session when in a learning interaction and you can scroll in real-time back through your captions and recap on key information.
- You can highlight important info to revisit at a later date.
- You can listen and watch back learning interactions alongside a full transcript and your notes.
Demo of Caption Ed in Action
Video source: Caption Ed channel
Advice on organisation:
If you are a student in Higher Education, speak to your Assistive Technology Officer or Disability Officer /Learning Support Officer.
If you are a Student in the FET/ETB then it may be possible to speak to an Educational Needs Coordinator, Learning Support Coordinator, Student Access Officer, Student Support Coordinator or a Disability Support Officer for more information about assistive technology.
If you are an Employee and are interested in technology then speak to your Disability Liaison Officer (public service) or your Line Manager to start the conversation.