AHEAD is an independent non-profit organisation working to create inclusive learning environments in education and employment for students with disabilities.
Our work with the further and higher education sector includes information provision, the hosting of student events, advocacy work, production of resources for the sector, hosting of events for staff, research and training. Watch this video to find out more about the work we do.
The support of our members is invaluable in allowing us to effectively carry out our mission. In addition to supporting our work, AHEAD members receive the following benefits:
- Prioritised Access to AHEAD’s Training Webinars**
- AHEAD Start Course on Supporting Students with Disabilities – Over 40% off - runs once or twice yearly
- AHEAD’s Annual Conference on Supporting Students with Disabilities and Universal Design for Learning Approaches – Over 30% off
- AHEAD’s face to face or online tailored training sessions – 50% off
- Advice on rolling out AHEAD’s UDL course – the Digital Badge for Universal Design in Teaching and Learning - and prioritised free access to our national roll outs
- Access to AHEAD’s information line for advice on appropriate support for students with disabilities
- Networking opportunities for staff and access to communities of practice
- AHEAD Member’s digital banner for your website, signifying your support
**Subject to webinar capacity
For a more detailed outline of the benefits of Membership and a full outline of costs, download the Membership Brochure.
Who is eligible to join AHEAD?
The benefits of membership are aimed at institutions and organisations working in the field of further and higher education but can be beneficial to other organisations such as support providers, training providers and professional bodies.
Institution/Organisation Type | Cost of Annual Membership
Higher Education Institution – More than 2000 students enrolled | €1,300
Higher Education Institution – Less than 2000 students enrolled | €800
Education and Training Board (covering staff in all colleges/centres) | €1,000
State Training Provider | €1,000
Small State Agency (Less than 12 employees) | €500
Medium to Large State Agency (more than 12 employees) | €1000
Private Business (Education focused) | €800
Private College/Individual Further Education College | €500
Non profit organisation | €500
How do I join?
Simply contact email@example.com or call +353 1 592 1467 to get a quotation and a membership application form.