The WAM programme at AHEAD are running a free training webinar aimed at current WAM employers and potential WAM employers.
When: September 16th 2020 from 11.30am - 1.00pm.
The WAM programme is the transition to employment initiative of AHEAD. It offers graduates with disabilities the benefit of a 6 month minimum fully paid and mentored work internships with high profile employers. WAM was established in 2005 and, to date, have placed over 470 graduates with both private and public sector employers.
When welcoming a new employee to your company, this is sometimes known as induction or onboarding.
Most companies have a wealth of resources in relation to onboarding new employees however may not have any policies in how to onboard new hires remotely. Due to Covid-19 many companies are remote onboarding for the first time and it is a learning curve for everyone including us here at WAM. We want to discuss some of the challenges, share knowledge and learning and share WAM's own learning of hiring employees with disabilities and what to be mindful of when they start work.
This webinar will be a panel discussion featuring WAM employers and WAM discussing their experiences of onboarding in the current climate for graduates both in mainstream recruitment and for WAM graduates with disabilities.
- On-boarding Strategy
- Building Relationships with Colleagues
- Bringing your whole self to work
- Laura Flynn - Graduate Recruitment Officer, Bank of Ireland
- Zoe Fitzpatrick - Global Onboarding Coordinator, Salesforce
- Aine Gould - Talent Acquisition Senior Analyst, Dell Technologies
- Siobhan O'Farrell - HR Administrator, NTMA
- Caroline McGrotty - WAM Coordinator, AHEAD
Watch Back On the WAMinar