Webinar: Changing Landscapes: Research Insights from the Field of Inclusive Education and Employment
When: 11:00-13:00, Monday Feb 12th 2024
Who is it for?: Researchers, employers, tertiary education staff, disability organisations and anyone interested in the latest research in inclusive education and employment
In the last five years, the educational and employment landscape has radically shifted. Covid-19 brought about a dramatic shift in our approach to remote and hybrid work, and the move to online learning resulted in a raft of innovative practice in inclusive teaching and alternative assessment. But as we emerged from the lockdown periods and saw many returning to pre-covid practices, some are left wondering 'what did it all mean?'.
In this webinar, you will get a chance to discover key insights from recently released AHEAD research about the experiences of disabled students and graduates engaging with tertiary education and the labour market during the period.
Dr Richard Healy, Research and Policy Officer, AHEAD
Dr Vivian Rath, RAPP Project Research Officer AHEAD
Caroline McGrotty, Employment Manager, AHEAD
Dara Ryder, CEO, AHEAD
Participants will experience:
- A brief introduction to the Research and Policy brief of AHEAD - how we advocate for disabled students at the national level. See slides here.
- Insights from AHEAD's Changing Landscapes report, the culmination of a three year study on the experiences of students with disabilities during the Covid-19 period and their return to post-lockdown study. See Changing landscape slides here.
- Key findings from an evaluation of AHEAD's WAM work placement programme, revealing barriers in recruitment for disabled graduates, and the nature of the reasonable accommodations they seek to be at their best in the workplace. See WAM slides here.
- The outcomes of a scoping survey with FET staff on the provisional of reasonable accommodations to disabled learners in the sector, highlighting existing good practice and significant gaps to address. See FET Reasonable Accommodation slides here.
- Opportunities to discuss research outcomes with peers and reflect on how they impact your work.